Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UnSettlement: Urban displacement in the 21st century: City of flight -New and secondary displacements in Mogadishu, Somalia (November 2018)
- Drought Crisis in Somalia: More coordination is needed to face upcoming humanitarian crises
- War and hunger in Somalia
- Somalia Drought Crisis - Water Price Monitoring Somalia, October 2018
- Somalia: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 11 December 2018)
Much-needed humanitarian aid is pouring in to the Philippines in the wake of super typhoon Haiyan. The international community has once again united to help the millions whose lives were shattered by the deadly storm. But, amidst the emergency response – we must also heed this enormous wake-up call. We must make sure that the world’s poorest people no longer bear the brunt of the global problem of climate change.
20 November, 2013, Doha – Qatar Solidarity Day with the People of Somalia and Philippines has yielded QAR 31 million just from a 3 hour live-broadcasting fundraiser in addition to 40 tons of goods worth QAR 1 mln.
KUWAIT, Nov 13 (KUNA) -- His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah has ordered donation of USD 10 million worth of urgent aid to the Philippines to help the nation cope with heavy losses caused by Typhoon Haiyan.
In a statement to KUNA on Wednesday, Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs and Minister of Health Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah said His Highness the Amir has given the orders to dispatch the aid urgently, in line with the State keenness on playing its well-known humanitarian role in such tragedies.
To see this news alert with links to the sources click here.
Myanmar: The plight of the Rohingya people
A SNAPSHOT OF EVENTS IN THE ASIA-PACIFIC
Between May and September 2011, a number of disasters including floods and storms continued to devastate Asia and the Pacific region.
Floods occurred in China from June onwards, affecting over 36 million people and killing at least 355 people. Despite direct economic losses of nearly US$6.5 billion, no international assistance was requested.
Human Rights Council
Agenda item 3
Promotion and protection of all human rights, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, including the right to development
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
- Con excepción de Argelia, existían negociaciones formales o exploratorias en todos los conflictos africanos. A escala global, en el 73% de los conflictos armados existentes hay negociaciones abiertas.
- Una vez completado el despliegue de las misiones de mantenimiento de la paz en Côte d'Ivoire, Somalia, Sudán y RD Congo, en estos cuatro países habrá unos 54.000 cascos azules.
- Finalizaron sin éxito los intentos de negociación con la guerrilla ELN, en Colombia, y con el grupo maoísta CPI, en el estado de Andra Pradesh (India).