Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Maps & Infographics
Summary of newly-reported viruses this week: Afghanistan – one new case of wild poliovirus (WPV1). Democratic Republic of Congo – two new cases of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2). See country sections below for more details.
Featured on www.polioeradication.org: Coffee with Polio Experts – Darcy Levison of WHO talks about the logistical challenges of reaching every child in the Lake Chad subregion.
Summary of new viruses this week: Papua New Guinea – three new cases of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 1 (cVDPV1). No new cases of wild poliovirus. Afghanistan and Pakistan continue to detect WPV1 through environmental sampling, indicating sustained transmission. See country sections below for more details.
In Papua New Guinea, a third case of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 1 (cVDPV1) has been confirmed, from a newly-infected province (Enga province). Emergency outbreak response is being enhanced and reviewed, including to potentially expand vaccination geographically. More information is available here. and in the ‘Papua New Guinea’ section below.