- FEWS NET Somalia Seasonal Monitor: December 3, 2017
- IOM CCCM Somalia Movement Trend Tracking: Baidoa, 24 - 30 November 2017
- FAO Somalia - Situation report 4 December 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2018
- Humanitarian Response Plan May 2017
- Horn of Africa: A Call for Action, February 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF)
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) 2016 Annual Report
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Information Sharing Portal: Refugees in the Horn of Africa: Somali Displacement Crisis
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- UNHCR Global Focus
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Somalia: Floods - Apr 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2014
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation - Updated: 31 October 2017
- 2018 Somalia Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) releases US$ 12.3 million to sustain famine prevention efforts into 2018
- Intensified fighting forces over 10,000 people to flee in Somalia
- American Refugee Committee Somalia and Love Army distribute $1 million to victims of the drought in just seconds
Item 84 of the provisional agenda
(Poznan, 3 December 2008): Today, for the first time in climate change negotiations, the humanitarian agencies of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee have teamed up with disaster risk reduction staff of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) system to issue a joint call for scaled-up global action to reduce disaster risk and to strengthen preparedness for effective response.
The current negotiations on risk management and risk reduction in Poznan are a unique opportunity to make sure that adaptation action is able to prevent global humanitarian …
New York, 13 July 200 - Without addressing the root causes of poverty and providing real support and opportunities to the poor, "the sad but inescapable fact is that efforts at lasting disarmament will not be successful," the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Administrator Mark Malloch Brown told the UN Conference on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms today.
Press Kit - Fact Sheet 5
Small arms that have played big roles in conflicts that killed, injured, and terrorized millions of people over the last decade will be ceremoniously destroyed in several countries on Monday, 9 July. The events will mark Small Arms Destruction Day and the start of the UN Conference on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms, taking place in New York, 9 - 20 July.
The spread of small arms fuel conflict and crime in many countries, undermining the rule of law, economic growth and development, Larry de Boice, Deputy Director of the UNDP Emergency Response Division, will tell the preparatory committee of the global conference on small arms meeting today at UN Headquarters in New York.
War-crimes sleuths due in Kosovo today. UN aid rolled yesterday. Don't expect blue helmets of peacekeepers.
This report includes: A) FR Yugoslavia and region - Kosovo crisis B) Iraq C) Somalia D) Sierra Leone E) Angola F) General - Food Aid Needs and Shortfalls.
This report includes: A) Democratic People's Republic of Korea B) FR Yugoslavia and region - Kosovo crisis C) Angola D) Guinea Bissau E) East Africa: Regional and Burundi F) Somalia G) Central America - Hurricane Mitch operations.
This report includes: A) FR Yugoslavia and region - Kosovo crisis B) Angola C) East Africa: Burundi and Uganda D) Somalia E) Zambia F) Recently Approved WFP Emergency And Protracted Relief and Recovery Operations.
Refugees, displaced people and asylum seekers: Commission supports projects to improve reception facilities and to assist voluntary return