Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Maps & Infographics
Period covered: 00:008/1/05-00:009/1/05
9 January 2005 (12:00IST)- Finding the right balance between relief for the dire acute emergency and reconstruction continues. While calls for and plans for rehabilitation are picking up, particularly in Sri Lanka, the reality in the field remains that some areas remain difficult to access. Health actors, supported by WHO, are progressing with health assessments and know what is needed technically. The current challenge is building full operational capacities on the ground.
Many millions of farmers and fisher folk in coastal areas affected by the disaster
Bangkok/Jakarta, 6 January 2005 -- FAO today launched an urgent appeal for $26 million for farmers and fisher folk hit by the South-Asian tsunami disaster, the agency said on the occasion of the international disaster summit in Indonesia.