Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UnSettlement: Urban displacement in the 21st century: City of flight -New and secondary displacements in Mogadishu, Somalia (November 2018)
- Drought Crisis in Somalia: More coordination is needed to face upcoming humanitarian crises
- Somalia: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 11 December 2018)
- Outbreak update – Cholera in Somalia, 12 December 2018
- East Africa Food Security Alert: December 7, 2018
Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:49 GMT
UNITED NATIONS, June 13 (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council and African Union Peace and Security Council on Wednesday jointly urged military coup leaders in Guinea Bissau to give up power and expressed concern at an al Qaeda threat in Mali, fighting in the Sudans and Somalia piracy.
The two councils, charged with maintaining and promoting peace and security, met for talks in New York on Wednesday and agreed an eight-page statement that addressed the top security issues in Africa and strengthening cooperation between the two bodies.
- The Government of Japan has decided to extend grant aid (food aid) totaling 2.88 billion yen through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to the following eight countries where there are vulnerable groups (including internally displaced persons, women and children) facing chronic food shortage caused by internal conflicts, poverty and other factors. Notes to this effect were exchanged on December 18 (Tue) (local time: same day) between Mr. Yuji Nakamura, Japanese Ambassador to Italy, and Mr.
Athens , 18 January 2006. By decision of Deputy Foreign Minister Mr. Evripidis Stylianidis, Hellenic AID (the Foreign Ministry's International Development Cooperation Service) granted assistance in the amount of 400,000 euros to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) for the funding of humanitarian actions in Guinea-Bissau.