Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Aid agencies estimate that 4.2 million people in Somalia will need humanitarian assistance and protection in 2019
- Somalia CCCM Cluster Dashboard - December 2018
- National Micronutrient Survey launched in Somalia [EN/SO]
- Somalia’s government reassures UN of its solidarity and support
- 2019 Somalia Humanitarian Needs Overview
As thousands of refugees streamed into Berlin, they strained the health care system. Rotarian and physician Pia Skarabis-Querfeld spent the last three years building a network of volunteer doctors to help those in need.
By Rhea Wessel Produced by Andrew Chudzinski
On the nightly news and around her city, Pia Skarabis-Querfeld saw the refugees arriving in Berlin after fleeing war, persecution, and poverty in their home countries.
BY PHILLIP CONNOR
The European Union, Norway and Switzerland received nearly 66,000 asylum applications from unaccompanied minor migrants in 2016, a decline of nearly 40% from 2015’s record total but still well above the total of prior years, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of data from Eurostat, the EU’s statistical agency.
Author Thomas Kohlmann
If Germany is to integrate large numbers of low-skilled Middle Eastern, African and Asian refugees into its domestic job market it is going to need new concepts. Many fundamental changes are essential.