Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Most read reports
- Somalia: Humanitarian Dashboard - August 2018 (issued on 17 September 2018)
- FSNAU-FEWS NET 2018 Post Gu Technical Release, 01 Sep 2018
- IOM CCCM Somalia Movement Trend Tracking: Dolow, 24 - 30 August 2018
- Troubling trend sees evictions in Somalia double
- Somalia Economic Update, August 2018 | Edition No. 3 - Rapid Growth in Mobile Money: Stability or Vulnerability?
Yemen: United Nations Experts point to possible war crimes by parties to the conflict
Geneva (28 August 2018) – Information documented by the Group of Regional and International Eminent Experts on Yemen strongly suggests that parties to the armed conflict have perpetrated, and continue to perpetrate, violations and crimes under international law.
Human Rights Council
10–28 September 2018
Agenda items 10
Technical assistance and capacity-building
Note by the Secretariat
8321st Meeting (AM)
Partnership Vital in Building Professional Forces, Says Permanent Representative
The Security Council renewed today its authorization of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) for another 10 months, deciding to reduce uniformed personnel to 20,626 by 28 February 2019, and cautioning against any further delay in lowering that number beyond that date.
7 JUNE 2018
8280TH MEETING* (AM)
Welcoming security, economic and political reforms in Somalia — including the peaceful election of a new Speaker of the House of People and resumed Parliament activity — the Security Council today noted with concern recent fighting in the northern Sool region, urging parties to cease hostilities, pull back their forces and engage in dialogue.
8257th Meeting (PM)
The Security Council today decided to reauthorize member States of the African Union to maintain their deployment of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) until 31 July 2018, recalling also its decision to authorize the regional bloc to reduce the Mission’s troop and police personnel levels by the end of October.
8215th Meeting (AM)
The Security Council today extended the mandate of the United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM) until 31 March 2019, as previously set out in resolution 2158 (2014).
Unanimously adopting resolution 2408 (2018), the Council underscored the importance of the Mission’s support to the Somali Government‑led political process as well as the importance of its support to the federal Government of Somalia on preparations for the delivery of inclusive, credible and transparent elections.
8099TH MEETING (AM)
Key Representatives Disagree on Text’s Effectiveness with Sanctions, Compliance
The Security Council today extended the modified arms embargo on Somalia and the authorization for maritime interdiction of illicit arms imports and charcoal exports until 15 November 2018, as well as the renewal of the arms ban on Eritrea for that same period.
8088TH MEETING (AM)
The Security Council today renewed for another year its authorization for international naval forces to join in fighting piracy off Somalia’s coast, underscoring that such crime exacerbated instability in the country and fuelled corruption and terrorism.
CONSEIL DE SÉCURITÉ
8082E SÉANCE – MATIN