Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Most read reports
- East Africa Key Message Update, September 2018
- UNHCR Somalia Factsheet - 1 - 31 August 2018
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Who is doing What Where (3W) (August 2018)
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Progress against Targets (August 2018)
- Intelligence officers in Somalia agree to strengthen collaboration in the fight against Al-Shabaab
In February 1989, the author was engaged by the Department of State's Bureau for Refugee Programs to undertake an assessment of designated Somali and Ethiopian refugee issues. The Bureau's Director decided to have the assessment conducted as a result of the Bureau's perception of a mounting refugee crisis in this area of the Horn of Africa.
SOMALIA - FLOODS
INFORMATION REPORT NO.1
5 JUNE 1989
1. UNDRO/UNDP REPRESENTATIVE IN MOGADISHU REPORTED FOLLOWING INFORMATION ON FLOODS WHICH AFFECTED LOWER SHABELLE RIVER REGION LAST WEEK.
2. TORRENTIAL RAINS CAUSED OVERFLOW OF SHABELLE RIVER DOWNSTREAM FROM KORYALEH PROVINCE, FLOODING ESTIMATED AERA OF 30/50,000 HAS FARMLAND NEAR TOWNS AFGOI-YARE, ALLA-FUUTO AND KURTUN-WAARE, AFFECTING APPROXIMATELY 40/50,000 PEOPLE.