Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UnSettlement: Urban displacement in the 21st century: City of flight -New and secondary displacements in Mogadishu, Somalia (November 2018)
- Somalia Seasonal Monitor: December 13, 2018
- Somalia Drought Crisis - Water Price Monitoring Somalia, October 2018
- Drought Crisis in Somalia: More coordination is needed to face upcoming humanitarian crises
- Somalia: Use of lethal force to quell protests in Baidoa unjustifiable
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Education unlocks the potential of young minds, and helps new generations realise their dreams for the future. However, we are facing a global education crisis. Millions of children are out of school, or in school but not learning. We must put education at the top of the agenda.
An overwhelming majority of Iraqi refugees 91.6% of refugees and asylum-seekers registered with UNHCR in Syria are from Iraq. The Government of Syria, which has continuously implemented a generous policy towards the stay of Iraqi refugees, estimates that the country hosts about one million Iraqis. 64.6% come from the region of Baghdad alone and 62.4% sought refuge in Syria five or more years ago. 35% of the 27,681 families registered are female-headed households.