- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
Participants at a regional workshop on disaster risk reduction have agreed to intensify efforts towards effective reduction of losses during disasters in the ECOWAS region.
The participants comprising journalists and focal points in Member States reached the decision at the workshop jointly organised by the African Union (AU) and ECOWAS 27-29 June 2012 in Dakar, Senegal, during which they discussed the role of the media in building and strengthening the resilience of communities against disasters.
WFP’s response to the food crisis in the Sahel
WFP is implementing a regional response to reach more than 10 million people across eight countries in the Sahel region, which is currently experiencing its third food and nutrition crisis in less than a decade.
The response‘s activities include general food distributions, Food and Cash for Work, un-conditional cash transfers, cereal bank support, and treatment and prevention of moderate acute malnutrition. WFP is providing cash transfers through mobile banking technology for the first time in Mali and Niger.