- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
The DEMAC research report outlines the basic features of formalized collective interventions by Sierra Leonean, Somali and Syrian diaspora-based relief organisations and initiatives based in the UK, Denmark and Germany, respectively, by elucidating their responses to the humanitarian crises in their countries of origin/heritage and neighbouring countries.
A month preceding the World Humanitarian Summit, the Berghof Foundation, together with its consortium partners AFFORD and the Danish Refugee Council, organized a preparatory workshop for diaspora organisations and initiatives engaged in humanitarian action. 11 representatives from Sierra Leonean, Somali and Syrian diaspora organisations that are invited to the summit in Istanbul attended the workshop on 21 April in Berlin.