- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Deadly mudslides in Sierra Leone’s capital last week has destroyed whole neighbourhoods and left thousands of already vulnerable residents homeless and exposed to disease.
Nearly 500 people were killed and at least 600 more remain missing more than one week after the catastrophe. Close to 6,000 people were directly affected by the mudslides, having either lost a family member, seen their homes destroyed or been injured in the disaster. Initial reports show that children and women are the most affected.