- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone: Government and CSOs work together to promote peace and cohesion after elections
- The UN Resident Coordinator’s speech on the anniversary of the Landslide and Flood Disaster – 14 August 2018 in Regent, Freetown
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
Freetown, Sierra Leone— From November 11 th to November 22 nd , in Freetown, Sierra Leone, the Roméo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative will conduct its second set of training of security sector actors in the prevention of the recruitment and use of child soldiers.
(FREETOWN) — Once a recruiter of child soldiers, Sierra Leone is now poised to become a leader in preventing the use of children in armed conflict, as officers from the Republic of Sierra Leone Armed Forces (RSLAF), Sierra Leone Police (SLP) and Sierra Leone Prison Services (SLPS) prepare to take part in the country's first ever training programme for security sector actors on how to prevent the use of child soldiers.
February 11, 2012, (FREETOWN) — The Roméo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative will mark February 12, the International Day Against the Use of Child Soldiers, in Freetown on Tuesday as it begins a new project in Sierra Leone.
The project, which launches this month, aims to establish new training and education programs in an effort to directly prevent the future military use of children in the region by working with youth and the security sector.