- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Children's Aid Direct makes an immediate and lasting improvement to the lives of children and their carers who are affected by conflict, poverty or disaster.
International aid agency Children's Aid Direct, based in Reading, is to accelerate its response to the urgent needs of children who have been affected by the recent upsurge in fighting in Sierra Leone.
Wave 105.2FM and international charity Children's Aid Direct have teamed up to launch a regional appeal to help the children of war get back to school for the Millennium. The Wave Care at Christmas Appeal is asking the people of xxxxx to collect simple items, such as pens and pencils, which will make up a School Gift Pack for children who have been unable to return to school because of civil war and conflict in places such as Kosovo, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Update from Paul Harvey, Country Representative in Freetown
This was a difficult week as fighting between
the rebels continued to disrupt our activities. In Lunsar, a town about
70 miles from Freetown there was heavy fighting between two rebel factions
and reports of some civilian casualties. We are keeping a close watch on
what is happening there and hope to be able to reopen our health centre
in Lunsar soon.
In the meantime we were able to continue operating throughout the rest of our area, providing food for 600 malnourished children and 500 pregnant women and supporting seven rural health clinics.