- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone: Government and CSOs work together to promote peace and cohesion after elections
- The UN Resident Coordinator’s speech on the anniversary of the Landslide and Flood Disaster – 14 August 2018 in Regent, Freetown
- 'Our city has no future if we don't save the environment' – Freetown mayor
Four Brother’s Brother Foundation medical containers arrived in Sierra Leone and Liberia in August 2014 and are now in the process of being distributed. These shipments include priority items of liquid soap, disinfectants, gloves, masks, personal protective equipment (P.P.E.) and general medical supplies. Receiving facilities include the Ebola treatment centers of Kenema and Connaught in Sierra Leone and Elwa and Phebe Hospitals in Liberia. Two more shipments are en route for Liberia and Sierra Leone and additional shipments are planned for September 2014.
Over the past three years Brother’s Brother Foundation provided over 20 tractor trailer loads of medical supplies and simple medical equipment to hospitals and clinics in Sierra Leone (53) and Liberia (20). Many of these hospitals are now treating Ebola patients. Several have lost medical staff (died or in quarantine) due to Ebola.
July 8, 2014
On Thursday, July 10, 2014 Hope for Lives in Sierra Leone in Germantown, MD and Brother’s Brother Foundation in Merrifield, VA and Pittsburgh, PA will finish loading a donated container of medical supplies and equipment for Connaught Hospital in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
On Monday, June 30, 2014 at 8:30 am Dr. Karen and Dr. Tom Asher will be at BBF’s Northside warehouse to pick up donations of protective gear – gloves, face masks and hospital gowns – for shipment to the Christian Health Association of Sierra Leone (CHASL), in response to requests for assistance related to the outbreak of Ebola in West Africa. Both physicians have served as medical missionaries in Sierra Leone with CHASL and West Africa Education Medical Mission since 2008. They have served in 12 hospitals and multiple clinics throughout Sierra Leone.
Brother's Brothers foundation and Cotton Tree Association of Pittsburgh, PA are sending close to $1 million of donated computers, textbooks, pharmaceuticals, and humanitarian supplies on June 6th, 2002 at 9:00 a.m. to Sierra Leone in Africa from the Brother's Brother Foundation warehouse. This shipment will help meet the needs of many individuals in the war-torn country of Sierra Leone.