- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
As the unprecedented Ebola outbreak in West Africa worsens, leaders of Australian humanitarian agencies have issued a joint call to action for the Australian government.
“The world is fast approaching a point of no return in halting the spread of Ebola. Current estimates indicate that we could see 10,000 new cases per week by mid-December. Should global efforts at this stage fail to increase in both pace and effort, the long-term consequences in West Africa and beyond will be catastrophic,” said Marc Purcell, Executive Director of ACFID.
As part of the Australian Government’s Humanitarian Partnership Agreement (HPA), Caritas Australia, the Catholic Church’s agency for international aid and development, along with three other Australian humanitarian agencies (World Vision, Save the Children and Plan) have been allocated a total of $2.5 million to provide urgently needed assistance in the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.