- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Africa: Ebola Coordination and Preparedness DREF n° MDR60002 Emergency Plan of Action Final Report
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- Sierra Leone: Mudslide - Emergency Plan of Action Operation n°2 (MDRSL007) Six months Update
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
Key Trends Since 2000
- Agricultural research and development (R&D) expenditures in Sierra Leone more than doubled between 2001 and 2009 in response to the end of a decade of civil war and efforts to reconstruct the country's agricultural R&D system. Despite this high increase, funding levels are still too low and irregular to allow for a timely and effective rehabilitation.
- The Sierra Leone Agricultural Research Institute (SLARI) was established in 2007 as the primary national agricultural research institute.
The general public is hereby informed that a coalition of technical workers, including doctors, nurses, midwives, pharmacists and laboratory technicians, have instituted strike action in government hospitals especially in the western area and are withholding their professional services from citizens of this country.
This has caused untold suffering to people who are sick and hospitalised, emergency patients and others requiring out-patient services. The strike action has not been sanctioned through official channels and is therefore an illegal activity.