- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone: Government and CSOs work together to promote peace and cohesion after elections
- The UN Resident Coordinator’s speech on the anniversary of the Landslide and Flood Disaster – 14 August 2018 in Regent, Freetown
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
The government of the People's Republic of China, through its Embassy in Freetown Friday 13 March 2015 handed over 40 brand new ambulances, assorted medical supplies and malaria drugs to President Dr Ernest Bai Koroma at the Queen Elizabeth II Quay in support of the fight against the Ebola virus disease in Sierra Leone.
Freetown, Feb. 12, 2015 (MOHS) – The newly constructed Sierra Leone-China Bio- Safety Fixed Laboratory at the Jui Hospital has been officially unveiled by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Dr. Samura Kamara.
The unveiling ceremony which was held on Wednesday February 11, 2015 attracted the participation of the Minister of Health and Sanitation, the Chief Executive Officer, National Ebola Response Centre, the Chinese Ambassador to Sierra Leone and Leader of the Chinese delegation to Sierra Leone.
Freetown, Jan.22, 2015 (MOHS) The Chinese Ambassador to Sierra Leone, Zhao Yanbo has described Sierra Leone as a true friend that deserves every possible assistance that would boost its overall development.
As China Donates $2 Million Food Supplies to Sierra Leone, Ambassador Yanbo Says “China’s 40 Years Relationship with Sierra Leone is an Obligation to Extend Fraternal Assistance in the Fight against Ebola
Freetown, Dec. 29, 2014 (MOHS) – China has donated through the World Food Programme (WFP) 1, 625 metric tons of food items to Sierra Leone in the fight against the deadly Ebola virus disease.
The food items include rice, corn-soya blend and yellow split peas.
The Government of the People’s Republic of China through its Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday 5th September presented proposals to President Dr Ernest Bai Koroma for the installation of one temporary mobile lab and a permanent lab structure to improve the diagnosis of Ebola and stop its transmission in Sierra Leone.
The Government of Australia is providing the sum of One Million United States Dollars through the World Health Organization as additional support to fight the Ebola Virus. This is in addition to an annual 20 million dollars support the Australian Government provides to the WHO for Emergency Health issues.