- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
The Ebola outbreak in 2014 and 2015 in West Africa and the repercussions it had at international level have substantially changed our perception and understanding of global health security. In this context, DG SANTE, together with the Luxembourg Presidency, organised a conference on "lessons learned for public health from the Ebola outbreak in West Africa – how to improve preparedness and response in the EU for future outbreaks”.
The event took place in Mondorf-les-Bains (Luxembourg) from Monday 12 October to Wednesday 14 October 2015.
Following the World Health Organisation’s recommendation, exit screening of travellers leaving the Ebola affected countries was put in place in August, to reduce the risk of spread of Ebola. These exit screening procedures have been implemented at the airports of the affected countries with support from the US Centre of Disease Control (CDC).