- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Summary: 11 November 2014, Brussels - EU Ebola Coordinator Christos Stylianides and Commissioner for Health, Vytenis Andriukaitis will start their four-day visit to the countries most affected by the Ebola epidemic. This is a sign of the political commitment of the European Commission to help bring to an end the Ebola epidemic which has already claimed more than 5000 lives. Just ahead of the mission, today Commissioner Andriukaitis launched a new platform enabling the rapid exchange of information on the treatment and prevention of the Ebola virus disease.
The European Commission has today announced €24.4 million from the EU budget for urgently needed Ebola research. The funding will go to five projects, ranging from a large-scale clinical trial of a potential vaccine, to testing existing and novel compounds to treat Ebola. The money from Horizon 2020, the EU research and innovation programme, will be provided via a fast-track procedure in order to start work as soon as possible.