- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Nearly 60 people have been killed in recent violence between Guinea President Lansana Conte's government and trade unions. Union members rioted during a general strike, accusing the president of mismanaging Guinea's economy and condoning corruption.
While Conte's appointment of a new prime minister helped end the strike, instability may send refugees across the border into neighboring countries, especially Sierra Leone.
Church, Grassroots Leaders Supporting Civil Society, Taking On Peace with Justice, Development, NEPAD