- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Sierra Leone's nine-year civil war has left an estimated 1.2 million persons internally displaced. Juliana and her family stay with relatives in one of the camps managed by the Council of Churches in Sierra Leone, a member of Action by Churches Together. She comes from the diamond-producing areas in northern Sierra Leone, which are still occupied by the rebels of the Revolutionary United Front (RUF). When the rebels attacked her village, Juliana's husband, a diamond digger, was killed.
The Partnership With Women Task Group, part of the CWS International Justice and Human Rights Office, is sending a delegation of five North American women to North Korea on August 23 to establish direct relationships with women from the Korean Christians Federation, a CWS partner in North Korea. Together the women - including Protestant and Roman Catholic members - will discuss peace, reunification and ecumenism.