- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone: Government and CSOs work together to promote peace and cohesion after elections
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- The Karina Declaration: An important common platform for positioning women’s role in governance
Addis Ababa November 26/2014 - The 210 health professionals, whom Ethiopia has pledged to send to Ebola-affected countries will be deployed to those countries within the coming two weeks, the Ministry of Health said.
In a press briefing held here yesterday, Public Health Emergency of Adviser to the Minister Dr. Marawi Argaw said the professionals have got adequate training that will enable them undertake their activities effectively.
The professionals will also receive additional training before they start their mission.
International donors have pledged over US$450 million to support an African force to fight Islamist militants in northern Mali. The pledges came at a donors conference held Tuesday (January 30th) in Addis Ababa to raise funds and logistics support for the African-led International Support Mission to Mali (AFISMA). Prior to the donors' conference, the AU's new chairperson, Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn, announced the AU Assembly's pledge to help stabilize Mali.