- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
A ceasefire is now in place in the Kailahun district of eastern Sierra Leone, but there are hundreds of thousands of largely young, unemployed internally displaced persons, most of them in the cities. They have almost no economic prospects and thus harbour considerable potential for conflict. At the same time, there is a lack of workers to rebuild the country's agriculture sector, the sector with the greatest potential for growth in Sierra Leone.
GTZ supplies food and builds transit camp
Eschborn, 11 April 2001 - At the start of April Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) resumed food convoys to the refugees trapped in the border region between Sierra Leone and Liberia. After a rebel attack on one of the border villages, convoys had to be temporarily suspended in March. Under a commission for the World Food Programme (WFP) GTZ is delivering up to 70 tons of food a day to this strip of land, and is organising storage of the food.