- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
The first World Humanitarian Summit, which will take place in Istanbul, Turkey, in May 2016, will bring together governments, humanitarian organisations, and people affected by humanitarian crises to propose solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges. In the months leading up to the Summit, ensuring that children’s voices are heard in these discussions is a key priority for Plan International.
Ebola Conference, Brussels, March 3rd 2015
Key recommendations from INGOs working in Sierra Leone ahead of the High Level Conference on Ebola – March 3rd - Brussels
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Betsy Edwards
As the unprecedented Ebola outbreak in West Africa worsens, leaders of Australian humanitarian agencies have issued a joint call to action for the Australian government.
“The world is fast approaching a point of no return in halting the spread of Ebola. Current estimates indicate that we could see 10,000 new cases per week by mid-December. Should global efforts at this stage fail to increase in both pace and effort, the long-term consequences in West Africa and beyond will be catastrophic,” said Marc Purcell, Executive Director of ACFID.
As UNSC Convenes for Emergency Meeting in New York, International Community Must Do More to Prevent Health Catastrophe
Francine Uenuma 202.450.9153 Phil Carroll 267.992.6356