- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
second year in brief
"POST-CONFLICT PEACEBUILDING: Contemporary challenges and the way forward."
Ireland to play an enhanced role in distribution of UN humanitarian funds
Conor Lenihan TD, Minister of State for Irish Aid, today announced funding of €31 million in response to the United Nations' appeal for Humanitarian Aid in 2007. The pledge comes in response to the United Nations' annual Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) for Humanitarian Aid. The total amount requested by the UN globally is €3 billion.
For the first time, nearly a third of the Irish Aid funding to the Appeal will go to Pooled Funds.
AFRICA -- € 26 million Combined Aid Package
€19 million to UN Consolidated Appeal
Mr. Tom Kitt T.D., Minister of State for Overseas Development and Human Rights, gives details of Humanitarian Funding package for Iraq
The Minister of State with Special Responsibility for Overseas Development Assistance & Human Rights, Liz O'Donnell, today announced Government humanitarian assistance of €4.74 m in response to a number of ongoing or forgotten emergencies, including the deepening food crisis in Malawi and neighbouring countries.
Liz O'Donnell T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs (with Special Responsibility for Overseas Development Assistance and Human Rights), has announced an unprecedented package of humanitarian and rehabilitation assistance to benefit 21 of the world's poorest and crisis-stricken countries.