- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Sierra Leone: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRSL005)
- With disaster risk on the rise, Sierra Leone partners with PDC on advanced DRR strategies
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- Africa: Ebola Coordination and Preparedness DREF n° MDR60002 Emergency Plan of Action Final Report
Ireland to play an enhanced role in distribution of UN humanitarian funds
Conor Lenihan TD, Minister of State for Irish Aid, today announced funding of €31 million in response to the United Nations' appeal for Humanitarian Aid in 2007. The pledge comes in response to the United Nations' annual Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) for Humanitarian Aid. The total amount requested by the UN globally is €3 billion.
For the first time, nearly a third of the Irish Aid funding to the Appeal will go to Pooled Funds.
Conor Lenihan TD, Minister of State for Irish Aid, today announced important funding for on-going humanitarian emergencies.
AFRICA -- € 26 million Combined Aid Package
€19 million to UN Consolidated Appeal
Conor Lenihan T.D., Minister of State for Development Cooperation and Human Rights, today announced details of a humanitarian and recovery aid package of over €12.8 million for Africa and the Middle East.
The Minister of State for Development Cooperation and Human Rights, Tom Kitt T.D., announced today that he will visit Sierra Leone and Liberia from 8-11 March. He also announced a new round of Government humanitarian assistance for developing countries affected by natural and man-made disasters, including Sierra Leone and Liberia. Over €10 million has been approved for food, water and other basic relief in the following countries: Afghanistan; Angola; Congo; Eritrea; Iraq; Iran; North Korea; Liberia; Malawi; Sierra Leone; Somalia; Sudan and Zimbabwe.
The Minister of State with Special Responsibility for Overseas Development Assistance & Human Rights, Liz O'Donnell, today announced Government humanitarian assistance of €4.74 m in response to a number of ongoing or forgotten emergencies, including the deepening food crisis in Malawi and neighbouring countries.