- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Ireland to play an enhanced role in distribution of UN humanitarian funds
Conor Lenihan TD, Minister of State for Irish Aid, today announced funding of €31 million in response to the United Nations' appeal for Humanitarian Aid in 2007. The pledge comes in response to the United Nations' annual Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) for Humanitarian Aid. The total amount requested by the UN globally is €3 billion.
For the first time, nearly a third of the Irish Aid funding to the Appeal will go to Pooled Funds.
AFRICA -- € 26 million Combined Aid Package
€19 million to UN Consolidated Appeal
Conor Lenihan T.D., Minister of State for Development Cooperation and Human Rights, today announced details of a humanitarian and recovery aid package of over €12.8 million for Africa and the Middle East.
Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Uganda, Emergency & Recovery
Minister of State for Development Cooperation and Human Rights, Conor Lenihan TD, today announced a total funding package of over €7.2 million in support of humanitarian relief efforts in a number of countries around the world.