- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
New Zealand Red Cross general manager of communications and marketing Corinne Ambler is the latest Kiwi aid worker heading to West Africa to help with the Ebola response.
Ms Ambler will be working for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) coordinating their Ebola communications from the regional hub in Accra, Ghana.
New Zealand Red Cross nurses Donna Collins and Sharon Mackie are on their way to Sierra Leone to join an international Red Cross team responding to the Ebola crisis.
Donna Collins, 48, a mother of fourfrom Whangarei says as a nurse and midwife she has a passion for helping people.
“I’d like to think if the tables were turned, other countries would come to our assistance. I feel 100% supported and safe, this kind of work is nothing new to me. I deal with bodily fluids on a daily basis and I am trained and experienced in following proper procedure.”