- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
WHY WE WENT
The Women's Commission for Refugee Women and Children traveled to Sierra Leone in February 2008 as part of its Displaced, Out-of-School Youth Initiative, a three-year global research and advocacy project that seeks to increase attention and support for quality programs for displaced young people.(1) The purpose of the week-long visit was to assess young people's needs, what services appear to be working, gaps in programming for young people and what more is needed.
Participatory Research Study with Adolescents and Youth in Sierra Leone
Internally Displaced Women Go to the Polls in Sierra Leone
Aiming to improve international and local capacities
to address gender-based violence in refugee, internally displaced, and
post-conflict settings, this report provides a narrative account of some
of the major issues.
Composed of twelve country profiles, three each for Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America, information is provided on the context in which incidents and programming occur, the nature and prevalence of gender-based violence, the activities underway, and gaps in those activities that contribute to its perpetuation.