- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner’s Programme
Update on UNHCR’s operations in Africa
A. Situational analysis including new developments
MISE EN OEUVRE DU PLAN D’ACTION DE BANJUL
Adhésion aux Conventions internationales portant sur l’apatridie (Objectif. 1.1)
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE BANJUL ACTION PLAN
Accession to International Conventions on Statelessness (Goal. 1.1)
- Burkina Faso acceded to the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness on 3 August 2017, marking an important milestone for the country in its commitment to eradicate statelessness as well as for the region, where 12 of the 15 ECOWAS Member States are now party to both the 1954 and 1961 Conventions.
National Legislation Reforms (Goal 1.3)
714 Ivorian refugees repatriated during May 2017
23,447 Ivorian refugees repatriated since 18 December 2015
14,683 Ivorian refugees remaining in Liberia
Population of concern 15,139
Funding (as of May 2017) USD 16,194,818 M requested for the Liberia situation
Voluntary repatriation: seven (07) Ivorian families of twenty-five (25) individuals were entered on the departure list. Arrangements are underway to facilitate the departure of these families in safety and dignity during the first fortnight of August.
30 From May to 31 July 2017, thirty (30) new births were regularized and recorded in the database.
Candidates did the BEPC exam of which 07 girls and all have passed, a success rate of 100%.
UNHCR IN GUINEA-BISSAU