- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Estonia, in cooperation with the United Kingdom, is sending hand sanitizer and antibacterial liquid soap to Sierra Leone to prevent the further spread of Ebola in West Africa. The disinfectants will be introduced at Ebola treatment and prevention centres located in Sierra Leone, whose activities are coordinated by the United Kingdom.
The foreign ministry is supporting the World Health Organization in preventing the further spread of the Ebola virus in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Foreign minister Urmas Paet said that it is a very rapidly spreading virus, which needs to be stopped quickly. “We must prevent a major epidemic, which according to the worst case scenario could begin to massively spread in Guinea and to neighbouring countries,” he added.