- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Central, eastern and western regions
CAUSE OF DISPLACEMENT
More than 391,000 new displacements between 11 and 20 August
When a whole town was displaced in the south of Guinea during the Ebola crisis, the link between disease and displacement began to emerge. With IDMC monitoring the crisis across the three countries most affected since the outbreak took place, we have identified five key displacement trends emerging.
To see this news alert with links to the sources click here.
400,000 displaced by floods sweeping across West Africa
Torrential rains have struck several West African countries during the past few weeks resulting in mass displacements throughout the region. Following a severe drought, the August floods have exacerbated an ongoing regional food security crisis.
To see this news alert with links to sources, click here
In this News Alert...
GENEVA, 26 April 2006 - While conservative
estimates put the current number of people internally displaced by conflict
within their own countries in West Africa at a total of around one million,
concerted efforts are urgently needed to address the sub-region's acute
potential for spiralling instability and massive population movements,
according to a new report launched in the Nigerian capital Abuja today
by the Norwegian Refugee Council's Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre