- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
- The Emergency Operations Centres will serve as central coordination offices in the respective countries for response to an Ebola emergency or any other public health threat.
In order to coordinate regional response to future public health emergencies, the United States has helped establish Emergency Operations Centres (EOC) in the three Ebola-hit West African nations of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
By KEMO CHAM in Freetown
By LEONARD MAGOMBA
Tanzania is among seven cassava growing countries in Africa set to benefit from $5.3 million funding from the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture.
Under the project "Unleashing the Power of Cassava in Africa (UPoCA)" farmers will be financed to increase production in the next two years.
Also to benefit are farmers in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, Ghana, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone.
According to the project co-ordinator John Msemo, over 15,000 farmers around the country will benefit from new breed cassava seed in the …