- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone: Government and CSOs work together to promote peace and cohesion after elections
- The UN Resident Coordinator’s speech on the anniversary of the Landslide and Flood Disaster – 14 August 2018 in Regent, Freetown
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
University of Birmingham
What does recent literature tell us about lessons for donors in supporting elections in post-conflict developing countries when the precedent for a peaceful transition of power is either not well entrenched, or non-existent?
What evidence is there that local political dynamics are explanatory factors for the success or failure of aid programmes? Provide examples, drawing on aggregated analyses of aid projects, where available.
Review of literature and identification of case studies for evidence on youth mobilisation and technology. What mobile phone interventions or social media have been used by young people effectively to improve development outcomes for: a) accountability and transparency such as through the collection, monitoring and use of data b) improving delivery of essential services for young people (such as education or SRHR) c) promoting positive lifestyle choices and behavioural change, and d) supporting humanitarian service delivery in crisis situations.
Impact and implications of the Ebola crisis: What are the political, economic, social and security implications of the Ebola crisis, with a particular focus on Sierra Leone?
Cost of elections in fragile states: Please provide a comparison of how much national elections (Presidential and Parliamentary) have cost per capita in fragile states since 2000.
Key findings: There is limited literature available on this topic. A lot of the information that is available only provides the cost of certain elements of the election, mainly in relation to voter registration. In addition, there appear to be inconsistencies in the costings provided by the available sources.
Preventing conflict between refugees and host communities: Provide examples of good practice/programmes in preventing/addressing conflict between refugees and host communities
This report includes programme examples from 13 countries. It highlights three main types of programme designed to tackle tensions and conflicts between refugees and host communities: