- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
2014 and 2015 have been two years of strong mobilisation for SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL's teams, who have had to take urgent action regarding too many crises. Feedback on two years of intense campaigns.
The Ebola epidemic has been affecting West Africa since February 2014. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been working alongside Doctors of the World Spain in the management of a treatment center in the town of Moyamba in Sierra Leone. Outreach officers Steven Matenday and Medlin Koroma visited some of the local schools where SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been implementing hygiene promotion sessions and provided several items in this context.
“An effective system”
Since February 2014, an EVD (Ebola Virus Disease) epidemic has been affecting West Africa. Since the beginning of the outbreak, and during the first phase of the response, the emphasis has been placed on the containment of the epidemic through the case management and isolation of patients. Following MSF and WHO guidelines for EVD response, SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL launched a WASH program in November 2014 to support the management on an Ebola Treatment Centre (ETC) in the district of Moyamba in Sierra Leone.
Si le nombre de morts attribués à l’épidémie Ebola vient de dépasser les 10 000, le nombre de cas confirmés est à la baisse dans les trois pays les plus touchés par l’épidémie, dont la Sierra Leone. Sandra Lamarque, à la tête de notre Cellule Ebola, explique comment SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL adapte ses activités face à cette nouvelle phase de l’épidémie.
Ebola Conference, Brussels, March 3rd 2015