- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
On a map of West Africa, Sierra Leone is shaped like a cut diamond.
WASHINGTON, June 21, 2001 - Bipartisan legislation that was introduced today in the U.S. Senate reflects the concerns of the evangelical church in Sierra Leone. The Clean Diamonds Act calls for an international system to end the trade in conflict diamonds. It prohibits U.S. imports of conflict diamonds and imposes serious penalties on those who trade in them.
On May 3, 2001, Dr. Donald Hammond, Senior Vice President of World Relief, spoke before the Immigration Subcommittee of the United States Senate in support of the Refugee Protection Act. The full text of his testimony is reprinted here.
WHEATON, Ill. - The President of Sierra Leone, Ahmad Tejan Kabbah, a committed Muslim, met with World Relief president Clive Calver and several church leaders, to acknowledge the pivotal contribution that Sierra Leonean churches made in achieving the disarmament peace that now exists in the troubled country.