- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Shared in Blog, Emergency Relief on September 28, 2017
by Jessica Hubacher
In the wake of the August mudslides in Sierra Leone that displaced an estimated 10,000 people, Rise Against Hunger has been working to provide aid to those left in need in our ongoing crisis relief efforts.
Stop Hunger Now continues to provide food and donated aid to partners in Sierra Leone and Liberia in response to the outbreak of the Ebola virus in West Africa. Stop Hunger Now U.S. and Stop Hunger Now Southern Africa have already shipped 2.2 million meals and more meals will be in route in the next few weeks.
“The situation of the country at this time is nothing short of pitiful,” says Josaphat, leader of the Salesians of Don Bosco in Monrovia who are working in the villages of Liberia to help prevent and defeat Ebola.
Food and other aid shipped to Liberia, more assistance on the way