- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Since December 2013 West Africa has faced the most severe epidemic of Ebola since the virus first appeared.
The disease has spread over two phases: it began in Guinea Conakry, then in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria in a most alarming manner since June 2014. These countries, poorly equipped in health facilities and recently emerging from civil war, are on high-alert status.