- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
(Freetown, Sierra Leone – 5 August 2013) – From 5 to 7 August, the International Service for Human Rights, together with the National Human Rights Commission of Sierra Leone and the National Human Rights Defenders Network of Sierra Leone, is holding a workshop on the implementation of recommendations made during the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) related to women’s and sexual rights.
The UPR Working Group examined the human rights record of Sierra Leone on 5 May 2011. The five-person delegation was headed by Mr Franklyn Bai Kargbo, Attorney General and Minister of Justice. During his introductory statement, the Minister discussed his country's positive human rights achievements, including in the area of gender equality, with 30 percent representation of women in parliament.
Human rights emerges as key element in the PBC's work, but concrete results are spotty across countries.
Within the UN system, the Peacebuilding Commission (PBC) and its related mechanisms is an unprecedented forum to debate peacebuilding and human rights issues with the participation of both international and local actors.