- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 08.05.2017: The Government of Sierra Leone has asked for the the support of Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) in agricultural development, road construction and Post-Ebola recovery plan. The President of Sierra Leone, Dr. Earmest Bai Koroma disclosed this when he received the President of IsDB, Dr. Bandar Hajjar at the Royal Guest House in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
USD 35 Million grant The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdallah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud of Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, December 11, 2014/ -- The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdallah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud has extended a grant of US$35 million to help fight Ebola in West Africa.
Jeddah, KSA, 17.06.2013 – Two shiploads of 5500 and 5000 frozen carcasses of Hajj meat are expected to be distributed among the poor respectively in Guinea Conakry and Sierra Leone during this week under the supervision of IDB delegations. These shipments are part of the annual distribution plan of the Saudi Project for Utilization of Hajj Meat (Adahi) for the Hajj Season 2012 which is an environment-friendly project managed by the IDB on behalf of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia since 1983.
On the occasion of the 38th Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors held in Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan, a number of financing agreements have been signed under which the Bank shall participate in financing new development projects in (10) member countries (in addition to the Republic of Kosovo) for a total amount of USD230.9 million , The details are as follows:
1 . The Republic of Tajikistan
Loan for USD10 million, to participate in phase-3 in the Dangara Valley Irrigation Project with the objective of poverty reduction among the population.
- As the largest and most active international financial institutions (IFIs) and development finance institutions (DFIs) investing, lending, and providing advisory services in Africa(1), the African Development Bank Group, the Agence Française de Développement Group, the European Investment Bank, the Development Bank of Southern Africa, German Financial Cooperation (through KfW), the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation, and the World Bank Group, are launching a Joint IFI/DFI Action Plan to respond to the Financial Crisis in Africa coordinated through the African Financing …
Jeddah, June 2, 2008 -- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) announced today it is allocating US$1.5 billion to support efforts to meet immediate, medium and long term food crisis in its least developed member countries (LDMCs), though some programs will benefit other members as well.
The Islamic Development Bank and Republic of Sierra Leone have singed a loan financed agreement at DS7 million (US$10 million) for a project aiming at increasing productivity and diversifying the production of corps and animals in sierra Leone. The agreement was signed at the Bank's Headquarters in Jeddah, KSA.
H.E. Al Hajj Imad Al -dien Tegan Cy, the Ambassador of Sierra Leone to Saudi Arabia signed the agreement on behalf of the Republic of Sierra Leone, while HE. Dr.