- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Via Satellite | Caleb Henry
[Via Satellite 01-26-2015] Gisli Olafsson, emergency response director at NetHope, a consortium of 42 top global humanitarian organizations, has been in West Africa as part of the international response to the Ebola outbreak since October 2014. He has traveled between Ghana, Sierra Leone and Liberia, spurring on the use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to combat the disease throughout the three countries.
These findings are a result of a NetHope connectivity and data collection survey from November and December of 2014. 37 responding organizations across 3 affected countries responded. The map was created with the support of GISCorps.
This map shows the location of Ebola Treatment Units in relation to probable and confirmed Ebola cases in the last three weeks prior to November 23, 2014.
This map shows the mobile coverage that has been submitted up to and including Dec 2013. Operators are asked to submit strong (>= -92dBm) and variable (>= 100dBm and < -92dBm) signal strengths as part of their submissions. The data here includes both types but does not make a distinction between the two.