- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
The Ebola outbreak in West Africa and cuts in the food aid provided by the United Nations may increase the number of people affected by hunger dramatically. “We must not end up in a situation where people who have survived Ebola end up dying of hunger instead,” says Jan Egeland, Secretary General of Norwegian Refugee Council.
Every forth refugee or internally displaced person in the world lives in a camp. The Norwegian Refugee Council now strengthens its efforts to improve protection and assistance in camps.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has the following goals for its work in Sierra Leone:
- Help provide temporary protection of
and assistance to internally displaced persons, returning refugees and
- Ensure that children and young people
of school age receive a basic education
- Support the peace and reconciliation
- Contribute to re-construction and normalization
- Promote internally displaced persons'