- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Female child combatants - 40 percent of all child soldiers - often go overlooked. Greater attention is warranted to the gender-specific roles and challenges they face from combat to rehabilitation.
By Cassandra Clifford for ISN Insights
In its 11th year of operation, internal cracks in the Kimberley Process are visible, as Zimbabwean, Ivorian and Congolese undocumented diamonds continue to trickle into the global market via third parties such as Mozambique.
By Michele Acuto for Diplomatic Courier (DC)
To tackle Cote d’Ivoire’s intractable problems after the demise of Gbagbo’s regime, security sector reform, reconciliation, resettlement and development must work in tandem.
By Yusuf Bangura for openDemocracy
Sierra Leone's brutal civil war is a receding memory, but corruption and poverty need addressing to avoid any relapse, Simon Roughneen writes for ISN Security Watch.
By Simon Roughneen in Freetown for ISN Security Watch
The civil war in Sierra Leone was one of the most violent conflicts anywhere in the late 20th century.