- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
New York, 21 June 2007 - Ms. Radhika Coomaraswamy, UN Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict welcomes the judgment of the Special Court for Sierra Leone against three former leaders of the Sierra Leone's former Armed Forces Revolutionary Council (AFRC).
This marks the first conviction by an international tribunal for the recruitment and use of child soldiers in armed conflict.
"This first verdict sends a strong signal to the perpetrators and it will have a crucial deterrence effect. These crimes have to stop.