- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
African Commission for Human and Peoples' Rights
Geneva, 28 February 2002 - The World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT) is shocked by information released by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) which indicates that a large number of children in refugee camps in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea have been victims of sexual abuse at the hands of local UNHCR employees and the staff of certain non-governmental organisations.
Geneva - Freetown, 19th September 2000
At the request of the Forum of Conscience (FOC), a member of the OMCT network, OMCT is sending the following FOC report on the human rights situation in Sierra Leone.
The International Secretariat of OMCT wishes to express its grave concern over the deterioration of the security situation in Sierra Leone and the continuing violations of human rights and humanitarian law by armed parties, particularly against civilians mostly women and children. These violations include rape, abductions, hostage-taking, summary executions, mutilations, forced labour and drafting of child combatants.