- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
September 13, 2015 Al Jazeera
Written by Nina Devries
Residents of Massesebe, a small agricultural village, say their crops died during the recent quarantine.
MASSESEBE, Sierra Leone — When Ramatu Sankoh’s village in northern Sierra Leone was placed under quarantine after a man died of Ebola in July, she was terrified. She was pregnant and due any day.
African Union blocks troops rotation over Ebola fears, forcing Sierra Leone to withdraw its 850 soldiers from Somalia.
Sierra Leone is withdrawing its troops from Somalia after the African Union blocked the West African country from rotating its soldiers over fears for the Ebola virus.
Sierra Leone sent 850 troops to Somalia for a 12-month deployment to fight the al-Qaeda-linked rebel group, al-Shabab, in Somalia in 2013.
Makeni, Sierra Leone - Scores of Ebola-infected patients have been seen suffering without medical attention in one of Sierra Leone's largest cities, as officials report success in fighting the virus following a three-day lockdown.