- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Sexual violence in humanitarian settings is rarely reported as a security incident. This overview document presents incidents reported over a 27-month period. It includes data shared by Report the Abuse and incidents reported in open sources and by Security in Numbers Database (SiND) partner agencies. It does not present a representative sample, but instead provides insight into the nature of these incidents.
Aid in Danger partner agency incidents: Partner agencies operate in 16 countries. Agencies reported 281 incidents in 13 countries and 13 security measures taken to protect staff, assets and programmes in five countries.
816 aid workers reported killed, kidnapped, injured or assaulted between January 2015 and June 2016
In 2015, open sources reported 515 aid workers killed (179), kidnapped (129) and assaulted or injured (207) in 234 severe incidents. During the first six months of 2016, open sources reported 301 aid workers killed (129), kidnapped (75) and assaulted or injured (97) in 122 severe incidents.