- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
A rapid response call for research to combat the Ebola outbreak in west Africa is being launched today, Wellcome Trust director Dr Jeremy Farrar and International Development Secretary Justine Greening announced.
Expert teams from around the world are being invited to submit research proposals to better inform the management of Ebola outbreaks so that lives can be saved. This includes research which could produce evidence to help tackle the current outbreak.