- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
VOICE (Voluntary Organisations in Cooperation in Emergencies) is the main NGO interlocutor on EU humanitarian affairs and brings together 84 NGOs. One of the main priorities of the network is to monitor funding for humanitarian aid and to use its collective influence to ensure NGOs’ expertise and experience are heard and brought into the relevant fora.
In a context of unprecedented humanitarian needs, the UN Secretary General has called for a World Humanitarian Summit (WHS) to take place in Istanbul in 2016 and European preparations for the summit are getting underway. This issue of our newsletter invites NGOs to highlight what for them are key questions on each of the main themes in the Summit. It takes a look at the relevance of the process for the community of European humanitarian NGOs and asks how the EU might contribute.